Monday 13 December 2010

My End of year list of amazing things

Current mood: nostalgic.


1. ALBUM THAT SURPASSED ALL OTHERS

scouting for girls – everybody wants to be on tv.

Photobucket

Released in April it was the soundtrack to my spring and summer. I just adore it. It’s pop. It’s fun. And more importantly it’s inspiring.


"It's a new life, it's a fresh start
You're a good soul, you've a kind heart
It's your moment, it's a picture
We can do this, I'm coming with ya,
It's a new day
It's a feeling, it's a blue sky"



2. ALBUM THAT MADE ME SMILE

Joe McElderry – wide awake.

Photobucket

I just love this album WAYYY too much. I was lucky enough to attend the album launch at HEAVEN with a friend of mine and it was such good fun. It’s pop. But it’s dance-y. And it just makes me wanna dance like no one is watching and sing like my life depends on it. Lyrically its just like a great love fest and a warm hug.

"You're better than the best
I'm lucky just to linger in your light
You make me smile like the sun
Sing like a bird
dance like a fool
Forget how to breathe
Shine like gold
Buzz like a bee
Oh you make me smile"



3. MAN I'D LIKE TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH

Thomas Leach. The coolest man I know. A genuinely nice guy. And he embraces the inner child with both arms just like moi.

Photobucket


4. THING YOU'RE MOST SICK OF

the conservatives. FULL STOP.
The lib dem’s sleeping with the enemy and joining the conservatives.


Photobucket



5. THING I MOST DESIRED BUT DIDN'T GET

A replica buzz lightyear. The deluxe edition were the box becomes the spaceship and buzz is made from the real dimensions used in the film.


Photobucket


6. ALBUM THAT MOST STIRRED MY SOUL

the script – science and faith.

Photobucket

This album is lyrically thought provoking. it's emotionally heavy but then they are that kinda band. And it has danny’s adorable vocals on it. And they are irish. And I love them.
“you wont find hope or faith down a telescope, and you wont find heart and soul in the stars”.
I love their view point of science Vs religion.


7. MOST STYLISH MAN

Photobucket

Brandon flowers. Nuff said.


8. FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEO

the script – nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpDXVuTSTU


A very literal video, it reminds me of when I first saw 'the man who cant be moved' video and fell in love with this band.



9. FAVOURITE TELEVISION SHOW

The cube.
The most tense and best game show on tv. I love it.

Photobucket



10. FAVOURITE CHARACTER SINCE E.T

buzz lightyear.

Photobucket



11. COOLEST ROCK STAR

Caleb Followhill.

Photobucket


12. BEST PROTEST SIGN

Photobucket


13. THING THE HUMAN RACE WILL BE ASHAMED OF IN 30 YEARS

The fact that in 21 countries in 2010 it is a criminal offence to be gay and punishable with death in 6.



14. COOLEST STYLE AND DESIGN ICON

lady gaga.

A car that breaks down and you lift the bonet and there is a keyboard in there. A dress that moves. A massive sea monster. Gaga is just crazy insane creative.

Photobucket



15. BEST GIG.

Photobucket

Brandon flowers. Brixton. Human. Mr Brightside. Only the young. <3.


16. FAVOURITE PICTURE YOU TOOK THIS YEAR.


Photobucket



17. MOST MEMORABLE EVENT(s) OF 2010.

The earthquake in Haiti.
The gulf of mexico oil spill.
The con-dem’s coalition.
The chile miners rescue.
The New Zealand miners disaster.
Aung San Suu Kyi being released.


18. THE MOST EXCITING THING(s) OF 2010.

Meeting Brandon flowers. I wont ever forget my excited ‘omg it’s the door (of the tour bus) and him standing there laughing.

Photobucket

GALHA annual fundraiser lunch with Darren hayes. Moving. Inspirational. It’s us against the world.

Photobucket


Matt cardle. So talented. Such a connection I hold to him. It floored me.

Photobucket



19. Favourite single of 2010.


Joe McElderry – ambitions.

Photobucket

TUNNNNNE. It’s just PURE dance. That is all.


20. Favourite Film of 2010.


Letters to Juliet.

Photobucket

Such a sweet film. And it reminds me of one of my favourite days this year with my girlies.


21. Thing(s) You Accomplished This Year.

Starting this blog. I Promised myself this year I would Blog more.
Being open to the idea of love. so proud of me.

22. Most Exciting Discovery This Year.

Hurts amazing song 'Stay'.

Photobucket

23. Thing You Are Most Looking Forward To In 2011.

Darren Hayes new album.
Darren Hayes new tour.

Photobucket

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment