Saturday 7 May 2011

30 songs for 30 days: day 9: A song that you can dance to

Now that is a question and a half.

I love to dance. I just can't dance to save my life.

When i'm drunk the music takes over and I will dance to ANYTHING.

When I think back to when I used to go clubbing at uni, two songs enter my head:

The Spice Girls - Stop.
(It was a favourite that was always the 3am song at the local gay nightclub I LOVED. You should try doing the moves when you are so drunk the barman knows what you're drinking and your depth perception is fucked).

The other song was: The Killers - Somebody Told Me.

We will go with the latter. Well, if you can count jumping up and down like a raving lunatic, rocking out in the Uni Students Nightclub. We even made up our own dance for the song.

It was a dive of a place. You used to wake up smelling of dry ice. The drinks were way over priced so you would have to do your best 'sober' impression for the doorman.

There were some very messy nights in there let me tell you. But it was a place of many firsts.
The first club I ever went to.
The first boy I ever kissed.
The first time I fell in love with the killers.

Man, uni was GOOD times.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't really danced since 1990 when I graduated high school. I have forgotten how to since then so there for I just don't dance anymore. I will however bob my head or move in my seat and I do that to anything that has a good beat & I like. The 'We are smug' songs are ones that make it hard to sit still. :)

    ReplyDelete