Wednesday 10 August 2011

30 songs for 30 days: Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep

Day 10: A song that makes you fall asleep



Not a song that MAKES me fall asleep, just one that I often listen to, when so at peace with the world and chilled, that it just happens.



Darren Hayes – I can’t ever get enough of you.



Beautiful, beautiful song, from a segment of the album spin I adore. ‘tracks 8 – 11’. I couldn’t tell you how many times I’ve fallen asleep to track 9 – I cant ever get enough of you and woken up to the blast that is track 11 – what you like.



I can’t ever get enough of you is one of the sweetest love songs and one of my favourite ever Darren Hayes songs. It’d the second most played Darren Hayes song on my itunes, second only to my favourite Darren Hayes song ever ‘like it or not’.



“There's a master plan. And although I know I don't believe in destiny. Maybe it found me… There's a symphony. And a melody that plays whenever you're around. I think I've been found”



In that moment, having rediscover Darren with strange relationship and buying spin, I was definitely found. I haven’t left since. Words can not describe the connection.


1 comment:

  1. I so love that song :)

    Any slow song, certain type of classical and even Darren's songs sometimes simply because his voice can be so soothing.

    ReplyDelete