Saturday 7 January 2012

The hardest thing you have to do is open the door

‘The hardest thing you have to do is open the door’. SO SO true.


Photobucket






I started this blogspot because I wanted to write. Although the night I started it, I just wanted someone to understand how I felt.

And now I’ve just read that first blog from july 2010 back and finally it feels like that person is dissolving. Slowly, very slowly, but I’m so proud of what I have achieved.

You see, Depression is a horrible monster. It robs you of friends, when you can’t bear to go out they stop asking. It makes you feel alone in a room full of people. But you have to accept that it doesn’t control you, you can control it, and you move on. One step at a time.

I never really thought I could be happy. I know now that I can. This week I learnt something. I’ve moved on. I’ve got a little crush. It amazes me how a spark can fly between two people. I thought it was exclusive to just a few people in my life. I guess it is, yet sometimes there is room for another special person, another spark. I must pack that crush in about NOW.

I also learnt that my friends are the most amazing people in the world. I never understood that my friends could love me as much as they do. You girls are amazing.


Keep those thoughts of hope and love and hugs and everything else in-between alive. Because they are what sustains us on those long lonely nights until that spark becomes something more.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. The saying & this blog touched me because of things going on within myself & what my husband & I keep going through (not with each other but financially & trying to succeed). Depression is one of the hardest things to beat or at least to control so it doesn't control you. Big hugs Haily & I wish you the best ♥

    ReplyDelete