Sunday 24 April 2011

30 songs for 30 days: Day 07: A song that reminds you of a certain event

Dido - Sand in my Shoes.

It reminds me of when I went round to my best friend’s house for a sleepover and I brought this shiny newly purchased album called 'life for rent' with me. We were 17. Her mum has gone to work, and instead of tearing the place up like some 17 year olds would, we laughed, watched Saturday morning kids TV, read joke books, played iSpy, had a gorgeous pork chop lunch, and then we hit play.

I was never really a huge Dido fan but I did love some of her first album. Through Rick Nowels work with Darren Hayes I discovered Rick had worked on many many albums I loved. Fleetwood Mac, The Corrs, Ronan Keating, Madonna. A lot of songs from my childhood. I do honestly believe the man is a TOTAL genius. I will always have a weakness for loving his stuff.

As we listened through the songs, the ones with Rick's help stood out to me. I was already obsessed with white flag and so was my best friend. David Boreanaz was in the video ;)

I fell in love with sand in my shoes. Because it sounds HEAVENLY. And because I related to that want to escape to the land of the sea and the sun. I related to the trying to 'shake the thought of you'. I loved a boy a lot. And he didn't love me. It seemed no matter what I did, he was still all I thought about. No matter how much he had hurt me.

‘I know I should forget you, but why would I want to?’

So, yeah, RELATE.




No comments:

Post a Comment