Monday 4 April 2011

Clare Maguire - The Glee Club - Nottingham

So Clare Maguire was amazing at the Glee club in Nottingham tonight.

I have to admit, I didn’t know much about her until my fave pop star Darren Hayes (@darrenhayes) mentioned this song she wrote about MJ and I realised it was the song on the radio at work I always loved. It was called the last dance. And I was obsessed with it.

I had a late night twitter convo with a fave music blogger of mine (@xolondon) and we were talking about how amazing she was and I done two things that night. I pre-ordered light after dark and I bought a ticket to the glee club.

I must confess I haven’t really gotten round to giving Light after dark the plays it deserves but I do love it.

Clare is an amazing singer, and great performer and an absolute sweetheart. You can just see when she performs that music runs through her.

So glad I found her music.

The support act was a guy called Marques Toliver and he was good. Talented musician and singer and an artist TOTALLY lost in the performance and his talent. This is his performance on Jools Holland last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBM34cEyUU


Photobucket


Photobucket



Clare Maguire Setlist:

Photobucket

1. ain’t nobody (breakage remix)

2. Shield and sword

3. Freedom

4. You’re electric

5. I surrender

6. Sweet lie

7. Break these chains

8. Midnight caller

9. Bullet

10. Burn

11. Happiest pretenders

----Encore----

12. Trouble in mind

13. Mess you around

14. Last dance


It was a wonderful setlist.

I ADORE shield and the sword.

I surrender is always a favourite. It was the reason I pre-ordered light after dark.

Bullet is just a song I LOVE.

The chase and status song ‘midnight caller’ was great.

Happiest pretenders was so cool. Clare walked straight between me and a lady beside me on the front row and wandered around through the audience.

Trouble in mind was a gorgeous blues cover.

New song ‘mess you around’ was wonderful. It went down a storm.

The last dance was AMAZING.

The glee club was a lovely venue, even if they did say we couldn’t take pics. It was a bit weird standing eyeball to eyeball with Clare. If I’d have reached my arm out fully I could have touched the mic stand.

I met her afterwards and she was just adorable. Still in her stage costume she must have been freezing but she happily chatted, took pics and signed my poster I stole off the wall LOL. And she smelt AMAZING.

I also made a new friend called Natalie. She was lovely. Thanks for sharing the time with me, for taking my pic with Clare, and how cool Clare let you sing a bit of a song!



Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket



The rest of my pictures are on facebook :)

xx

1 comment: