Sunday 4 September 2011

30 songs for 30 Days: Day 12 - A Song From an artist you connect to.

Day 12 was meant to be a song from a band you hate. There is no need for such a waste of words and negativity. so I chose to make it a song from an artist you connect to.

Coldplay - Fix You.

I'd liked coldplay for a while, my dad had their albums. I was obsessed with the scientist and it's GENIUS video. it wasn't until Darren Hayes posted the chorus from 'Fix You' in a blog post I KNEW I had to get this album, 'X & Y'. I wasn't disappointed. it's still my favourite album of theirs.

The album was released at a difficult time for me. I remember one night packing for another stretch at uni, before I got on the plane and left my family behind for months again, and just crying:

"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you
Tears stream down on your face
When you lose something you cannot replace"

that was a real RELATE moment.

The video for Fix You is genius, I wanted to be in that crowd. I always knew this song would be AMAZING live. I still have a dream to witness it one day.

In 2009 after a tour I sadly couldn't get to, they released a free live EP 'Left Right Left Right Left'. On it was a live version of 'fix you'. It sounded just how I imagined. thousands of people singing it back to them.

Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment