Saturday 24 September 2011

My Thoughts on Bloodstained heart by Darren Hayes

Photobucket

I listened to this song the first time at the listening party and my first reaction was: “Heart wrenching. LOVE it”.

The lyrics killed me when I first heard the song in full. I drew many connections:

- The feeling of losing is one I have felt quite a many times in my battle with depression. I’ve spoken openly about that fight before. “There's no one left to lay you down. Or say it's okay”

- The song also brings hope. ‘We’ll go out punching”. It inspires me. The good guys can and DO win.

-The second connection was one of a recent break up with a guy I loved with everything I had, leaving nothing for myself. I related to Darren being that strength to me. ‘Even when you fall apart, I’ll pick up your bloodstained heart”

It’s a beautiful song that often reduces me to tears within 40 seconds of my hitting play. I have a very strong reaction and connection to the song.

The lyrics video floored me. I was stunned. Lost for words. In tears. It was just simple, beautiful, genius.

The music video is beautiful, elegant, and a little bit ambiguous. But it showed emotion, connection and endless love and respect for someone who was very sick. It made me very emotional watching it.

It’s been a while since I’ve had such a strong reaction to a song the way I have with bloodstained Heart. Both the song and Darren Hayes are very special to me.


This song is an example of my connection to Darren and why I hold that so close my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog Hayley,
    as you know I have battled depression too, so i can relate a lot with the song and the video particularly hit me at the end as I have been that girl in the hospital, thinking that life had nothing to spare for me and a dear friend hugging me and pulling me through that dark world you find yourself into when you have depression.
    The video is beautiful because anyone can relate to it, we all have more or less seriously felt lost and we all have wanted someone to stick by us, even when we could not see them being there.
    :)

    ReplyDelete