Friday 31 August 2012

A Note to Ben Montague


March 2011.
Nottingham Royal Concert Hall. There was this guy called Ben Montague supporting The Lighthouse Family. From the first few notes I knew he was onto something. It's so rare to be so bowled over instantly. You know that feeling, when a song just flows right through you, to your core, and you just want to burst with the love you have for it? Well that was what Ben did to me. He's got this song called Haunted, I fell in love with it even more than the other songs.


Photobucket

Photobucket

June 2012.


I never forgot about Ben. Haunted and the other songs on the overcome CD that I’d bought on whim that night in 2011 remained in my iTunes recently played. Ben played a tiny acoustic show in the rescue rooms in Nottingham. I fell in love with the new songs; I'm especially obsessed with ‘hummingbird’.

Photobucket

Photobucket 

July 2012.
It was an amazing moment so see the singer I’d supported 18 months ago finally on the music channels. It was the moment I thought Ben is onto great things. ‘We love like stars’ <3 .="." o:p="o:p">

August 2012.
I Bought another hard fall. :D
I even managed to win a lyric competition on twitter and get a follow off Ben on twitter. Squee. :D

Is it January yet? I’m in need of some ‘Tales of flying and falling’ ;)
love you Ben.

much love,
@babyhails
Hails xx

No comments:

Post a Comment