Monday 31 December 2012

My end of year list of amazing things 2012.


1. ALBUM THAT SURPASSED ALL OTHERS

Newton Faulkner – Write It On Your Skin.

Photobucket

I’ve loved Newton Faulkner since the beginning of 2008. He makes me laugh, inspires me, he just makes sense to me. He makes me happy. Makes me cry. But it’s important that music touches you. Never mind the fact he is an actual genius.

There is a song off this record called ‘soon’. Birmingham 3rd may 2012. I got home from the London show the night before at 2am and bought an e-ticket on ebay for the next day in Birmingham. I wont ever forget how ‘soon’ felt that night.

“Today will be different, that day is gone..
The darker the night
The brighter you burn
And when it comes, you will know
The weight will fall from your bones
It's coming
Soon, soon..
 For once in your life
It's gonna be alright”


2. ALBUM THAT MADE ME SMILE

The Killers – Battle born.

Photobucket

As a collective album I will never love it as much ‘hot fuss’ or ‘day and age’ but it has some beautiful moments that make me so blissfully happy. I love these boys.

There are two stand-out songs:

 ‘The way it was’ paints such a vivid picture of the Mojave desert in my head.
“I remember driving in my daddy's car to the airfield
Blanket on the hood, backs against the windshield”

The other song is ‘be still’. A song can mean anything to anybody. I take my own meaning from it. It means a lot to me.
“And may your limits be unknown
And may your efforts be your own
If you ever feel you can't take it anymore..
Be still
One day you'll leave
Fearlessness on your sleeve..
Don't break character
You've got a lot of heart”


3. MAN I'D LIKE TO BE BEST FRIENDS WITH

Scott McEwan of The Candle Thieves.

Photobucket

The man is a bit of a tortured soul. But a talented songwriter and he has this ability to convey emotion. He intrigues me… and he is genuinely such a nice guy.


4. THING YOU'RE MOST SICK OF

The exact same as last year (and the year before that): the conservatives. FULL STOP.
Sick of them fucking our country and the Lib Dems doing Sweet F*** All to stop them. They care only for themselves.

Photobucket



5. THING I MOST DESIRED BUT DIDN'T GET

sunset_in_las_vegas_showing_off_the_eiffel_tower_replica1920x10805d41ddc9_zps25610987

To see the killers play Las Vegas for new year.
To go to Paris.
To see sunset on a beach somewhere.
Next year it has to happen. 


6. ALBUM THAT MOST STIRRED MY SOUL

The Candle Thieves – Balloons

Photobucket

These boys are so fun but also so so dark.
They connect to my soul. I can’t explain it.
‘The rock and The bug’ could be written about me.
It’s my 7th most played of 2012.

"I’m hoping that you’re happy because I’m not...
I really wonder what you see in me, when you could fly away happily..
 it’s a miracle you found me, I appreciate the company”


7. MOST STYLISH MAN

Brandon flowers. The man is god.

Photobucket

I can’t begin to tell you how much I think this man is HAWT. Stylish. Cute. Fit. Sexy. The lot.


8. FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEO

The Script - Six Degrees of Separation.



Danny O'Donoghue is also FIT. squeeeee! *dies*
I love this video. Just perfection. I also love this song. It’s one of my favourite songs of 2012 and also one of my favourites from the album: #3.


9. FAVOURITE TELEVISION SHOW

Air crash investigation. 

Photobucket

Intriguing. The geek in me loves it. It makes me smile. Makes me cry. Amazes me. Makes me realise life is precious and when our time is up, it's up.


10. FAVOURITE CHARACTER SINCE E.T

Sid the Sloth.

Photobucket

Last year I said Sid from ice age, this year I have to say the same. Sid is my hero. 

"My parents said bad news was just good news in disguise... (Was this before they abandoned you?)... yes it was"


11. COOLEST ROCK STAR

Danny O'Donoghue. 

Photobucket
(my pic from the amazon london show).

I love that hawt man. He’s just so honest and raw and cheeky. Meeting him will go down as one of my favourite moments of the year. It was everything I’d dreamed of when he said ‘hello again, I saw you rocking out down the front’. Totally lost in my own little world with the song ‘if you ever come back’ and I looked up and he was looking at me. I almost died right then. This band mean so much to me. as does that song.


12. BEST PROTEST SIGN

THIS. The End.

Photobucket


13. THE THING THE HUMAN RACE WILL BE ASHAMED OF IN 30 YEARS

The hate that continues for LGBT people.
Russia, with their anti-gay propaganda law.
The list of 78 countries and 5 other political entities with laws against homosexuality.

Photobucket

As if that wasn’t disgusting enough, two more countries were ADDED this year when the list should be getting much shorter. Much shorter.


14. COOLEST STYLE AND DESIGN ICON

Darren Hayes. 

Photobucket

I said it last year and I will say it again, the man is a genius. His 2012 The Secret’s Out Tour was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed. And the merch. I cant begin to even tell you how amazing September was. laughter. joy. tears. love. friends. memories.


15. BEST GIG of 2012.

Without hesitation, Darren Hayes – Birmingham Symphony Hall. 

Photobucket

One of the most beautiful nights to be alive on this earth.
very emotional.


16. FAVOURITE PICTURE(s) YOU TOOK THIS YEAR.

I could sit here forever, so I’m going to pick just one. 
This was what Darren Hayes had referred to as ‘Sex Face’:

Photobucket



17. MOST MEMORABLE NEWS EVENT(s) OF 2012.

Photobucket

The Costa Concordia disaster.
fabrice muamba’s brush from death and his miracle escape.
The Olympics.
Obama being re-elected.
Lance Armstrong being found to be a drugs cheat.
The Newtown shootings.


18. THE MOST EXCITING THING(s) OF 2012.

So many...

Photobucket(my grin says it all really).


  • Bringing in 2012 with Darren Hayes NYE 2011 party with the most amazing people I'm proud to call my friends.
  • Darren Hayes hug fest.
  • Meeting Darren at radio 2 with my girlie Anna. ‘For my hails, I love you more’. I wont ever forget his cover of 'like a prayer' that day, Anna and I, one earphone each, and afterwards we just hugged.
  • Seeing Snow patrol play Nottingham Arena.
  • The most amazing birthday in Ireland and my little roadtrips with my bestie in that week.
  • The killers – Leeds academy with the girlie Hils. Both drunk as fuck. Meeting mark. No idea how we got home. ‘AMYYYYYY’ lol.
  • Standing in a field in front of a castle in the pissing rain singing my heart out to scouting for girls.
  • Blagging my way into Ed Sheeran’s itunes festival performance.
  • The script in London. Danny looking at me while singing ‘for the first time’. Mark looking at me whilst I sang his lines from ‘six degrees’.
  • Darren Hayes tour, followed by Newton Faulkner’s tour, and then The Killers tour.
  • The killers – Sheffield. Worst chest infection ever, centre barrier, singing for my life, jumping like my life depended on it. Brandon flowers watching  me grin while singing ‘smile like you mean it’ back to him.
  • Ronnie Vannucci calling me a little shit.
  • Meeting drunk Dave.
  • Kelly Clarkson with my girlies in London. Emotional night. demon’s laid to rest.
  • The candle thieves tour with my girlies.
  • An amazing friend’s wedding.
  • The script live for radio 2. ticket 001. meeting the band. Amazing!
  • The best ever xmas with my family.

19. FAVOURITE SINGLE OF 2012.

Kelly Clarkson – stronger. 



Soundtrack to my year.
‘what doesn't kill you makes stronger, stronger, just me, myself and I’


20. FAVOURITE FILM OF 2012.

Ice age 4. seriously. I’m a big kid. So what.




Closely followed by best exotic marigold hotel.
“Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end”. Wise words to live by.


21. THING(S) YOU ACCOMPLISHED THIS YEAR.

Erm…..
Moving house.
Seizing life by the reins in Ireland.
The most gigs in one year yet?
Surviving the chest infection from hell. Lol.
I’m happier than last year.
Yeah that’s about it.


22. MOST EXCITING DISCOVERY THIS YEAR.

Monsters inc 2 is actually coming in 2013. SQUEEEEEEEEE.

Photobucket

….and you can pause live TV on sky. who knew. Lol.


23. THING YOU ARE MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2013.

Photobucket

The killers first stadium gig.
The script tour.
The feeling with the girlies.
Bill bailey.
ROBBIE WILLIAMS. Been a dream since ‘come undone’ in 2004.
kings of Leon. Been a dream of mine since 2008.
Seeing more of my friends and having epic times.
I still wanna go see sunset on a beach.
I wanna go paris. It has to happen.

13 is my lucky number. Something good has to happen this coming year. I will make it so.
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment