Sunday 27 December 2015

The script - Croke Park Stadium - Dublin - 20 June 2015


The Script, in a stadium, in Dublin.
Croke Park.
Dream come true.
82,300 people and us.
I'm so excited. And sunburnt. But WAHOOOOOO.    
    

We made it to the barrier... barrier record unbroken and we are still breathing. just.!!!!

 







Wow. Colton Avery was amazing. His speech about how the boys took him on when he was weeks away from giving up made me emotional. I love 'The one'. It's such a great song.

"We're just people, trying to find our equal, hoping one day we will, we will find the one"
The Weatherman is a great song too. I walked up the River Liffey, past the ha'penny bridge singing that on the way back to the hotel.

The Wailers were actually good fun. I'm sure only 1 or 2 people are original members but the songs are great. 

Pharrell Williams was ok, not really my deal and his showmanship consisted of a scantily clad dancers and playing on the 'Irish girls' thing. And he done that bloody robin thicke song. My face haha. HATE IT. DON'T START ME.



Then the script. I was shaking before they even hit the stage. I think it was a mix of excitement and nerves for the boys.  Mark and Danny both crossed themselves as they walked out onto the stage. Took me about the 1st 3 songs to calm down. If you could see me now was emotional. Something about an Irish crowd. I missed my grandad.

As the sun set, Mark's man on wire speech was beautiful. "Music is the umbrella we can all hide under.."

Never seen anything quite like you looked STUNNING in that stadium. Man who can't be moved was emotional. Danny and Glen's hug at the end of the B-stage segment was awwww.

Danny lost his words in six degrees and just a glance and Mark and Mark picked it up, that bond is beautiful.

For the first time was amazing. I LOVE Mark's verse, I always have. and to have my girls Anna and kelly beside me, arms around each other I knew that whatever life throws at me I'm gonna be ok. Because I've got these girls, and music, and I got this band. We even made it onto the livestream singing our hearts out.
"Oh these times are hard, yeah they're making us crazy, don't give up on my baby"

Danny's little speech before hall of fame was amazing.
"You might have found our music in a moment of pain..."
I decided to be a little different and hold the green screen they tweeted for paint the town green up on my phone instead of the torch light. Mark gave me a little smile and Danny a little Nod. Meant the world to me.

This band has been a constant in my life for the past 7 years and to see the boys play their homecoming gig in a stadium, in Dublin, was Incredible. I've seen them play to 300 people at the BBC radio theatre and to a stadium full of 82,000 people tonight and they are the same humble guys from Dublin. My 29th script gig, and definitely one of my favourites. Amazing.

Sorry about the waffle, I'm exhausted, my feet kill, and I'm sunburnt to fuck, but I'm so fucking grateful for tonight. My scalp, forehead, arms and even my left hand got burnt (I was holding magazines, reading), we got rained on, but I don't care. My heart is happy. Music really is the most beautiful thing.

"This is the first time we've sold out Croke park, but it fucking well won't be the last" - Danny as he walked off stage tonight.

I LOVE THIS BAND. And my Ireland. And my girls.

The energy never dies. 24/7 baby 3-6-5.






 













































 I spy us in this pic from the stage!!:















The next day we done the skyline walk around the top of the stadium. and i'm so afraid of heights. I'm so proud of me. I freakin' done it.













We tried to recreate the promo pictures the band done. in the wind. it was a fail but it was damn fun.



we seen what sounds like a great bar....



and we had some silliness at the hotel...




and a gorgeous flight back...







Exhausted doesn't cover it. The Script will be the death of me. Croke park was worth it though. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment