Monday 22 November 2010

GALHA annual lunch with Darren Hayes

20th November 2010.


I feel so honoured and lucky to get the chance to have been there. can not believe that yesterday happened. most surreal day.

All the gay humanists I spoke to had nothing but praise for Darren. the words they kept using were humorous & intelligent. i have to agree Darren speech was very moving and inspirational.

I owe it in respect to him to not divulge what was said. all I will say is that he spoke very candidly about his struggle to identify he was gay, his coming out & his struggles as a gay man today. most of it he's told us before just not with so much detail.

Ashwin, thank you doesn't seem enough. you done so well with your speech. loved it. thanks for everything. good luck in exams.

Thanks Darren being so beautiful to me. I've been ill all week with a tooth abscess and you really made my day. :) i could feel that appreciation.

That smile on his face when he saw me said it all. just adore him. such a beautiful soul. proud I didn't freak out LOL!

Seeing other fans again made me realise how much a miss my Darren family. it was lovely to connect to fans again. makes me feel so understood and not alone. it's us against the world .

we need to do it all again soon at the listening party!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I understand you not posting Darren's speech. The photos are lovely. Wish i could have been there to everyone's speech. Stuff like that means a lot to me. My father is gay & my step son is bi. Glad you and other fans were able to be there. :)

    ReplyDelete