Thursday 11 November 2010

A mixtape of 2010 thus far

Photobucket


Scouting for girls – on the radio

A song from a wonderful album. I especially love this one. Reminds me of fun times. It’s a real song you can relate to. It’s about that person you don’t want to remember but a song reminds you of them.

“You danced to the beat of the drum. The memories made music, the music made memories. Every night you've been gone. She haunts me in a pop song on the radio. You're in every song from the past. A ghost from the radio mast”




Diana Vickers – Put It Back Together

I love this song. It’s just ‘me’. I relate to it because sometimes I have to hit rock bottom to rise from the ashes.

“If you think you're sinking, you probably are. If you think you're falling, you probably will. You've got to lose yourself, and not let go. I think we'll be alright. I think we will survive. You've got to fall apart. And Put It Back Together again”




Enrique Iglesias – Heartbeat

An amazing dance track featuring the gorgeous pussycat doll Nicole. I just LOVE it. I’ve loved Enrique since 2002. I fell in love with it the first time I heard it.

“He said to me, I can feel your heartbeat, running through me. No matter what it is you think, I’m not the kind of girl you think”



Robyn – Dancing on my own

Love this song. It’s also very ‘me’. It’s a song related to feeling unnoticed and isolated and I feel like that sometimes. And robyn reminds me of my favourite munchkin, Anna.

“ I'm right over here, why can't you see me. I'm givin' it my all, but I'm not the girl you're takin' home. I keep dancin' on my own”





Hoosiers – choices


TUNNNE! It’s so much fun. It’s almost a rebel song. And I love to rebel a bit and say F you.

“You demand I make my mind up by deciding not to care. Stop giving me choices
Stop giving me choices. I surrender to the wind, I will let the wind decide”





Scissor sisters – fire with fire


Such a fun song. Reminds of nights getting drunk with rose wine and having such a laugh online with Hils.

“You said fight fire with fire, fire with fire, fire with fire. Through desire, desi- sire, desi-, through your desire”




Biffy Clyro - Many of Horror (When We Collide)


I first became obsessed with this song watching a programme about Christian and syed in eastenders and it was playing in the background. It’s just a great song.

“When we collide we come together. If we don't we'll always be apart. I'll take a bruise I know you’re worth it. When you hit me hit me hard”



Example – last ones standing

I love this song. Such a party song. A song about breaking the rules. About being a party animal. And sometimes I love to go to London and drink and party to the very last train.

“We’ll catch our very last train, Light our very last flames, And we’ll knock it all back and forget our names, Cos its our last night, And its one last fight, We’re the last ones, The last ones standing”



tinchy stryder – you’re not alone

This song reminds me of being at home in Ireland and hearing it for the first time. Love tinchy’s inspiring lyrics.

“Were here with you. You’re not alone. Stay strong no time to feel weak. Open your mind and see. You keep holding on. Believe in us. Believe in me. Shine the light and see”



Brandon Flowers - Only The Young

Earlier I declared this song the reason I love Brandon flowers so much. He’s an incredible talent. A constant in my life since 2005. this song is just genius. And synth. And I love it.

“Only the young can break away, break away. Lost when the wind blow; on your own, ohh”




The script – science and faith

I love this band. And this album. This song in particular. It’s about science Vs Faith. And I’m not religious but I get that people need faith, somethingt to believe in. I’m a scientist. My faith lays instead in music rather than religion. It is a very clever song and I really respect it.

“You won't find faith or hope down a telescope. You won't find heart and soul in the stars. You can break everything, down to chemicals. But you can't explain a love like ours”



Taio cruz – dynamite

Because it’s full attitude and it reminds me of fun nights out with my baby sis!

“Cause we gon' rock this club , We gon' light it up, Like it's dynamite!”



Katy Perry – Firework

I love katy. She’s got it: Image. attitude. Songs. Shame her voice isn’t better. I love the woman.

“Cause baby, you're a firework. Come on, show 'em what you're worth. Make 'em go, OH”



Joe McElderry – Ambitions

I love this song. Its from a wonderful fun album. I love Joe. He could have easily said yes to just standing there singing ballads like sony wanted. Instead he fought, to come out, to dance, to sing what he wanted to. I love him.

“And if somebody’s going to make it, Then this somebody ought to be you”





Bruno mars – just the way you are.


I was starting it get obsessed with it and then matt cardle sung it. WIN WIN. The video is GENIUS. it's a song about a girl not always kind to herself. a girl a lot like me.

“When I see your face, there’s not a thing that I would change, Cause you're amazing, Just the way you are”





Matt cardle – the first time ever i saw your face


God I love that man. He is INCREDIBLE. When he sings he takes me someplace else. His voice is heaven sent. I just connect to him. He goes someplace when he sings. I go someplace when he sings. We meet in the middle. I just ‘get’ him.

“and the moon and the stars were the gifts you gave”



Transfer – blain Osborn

A song from a band that supported Brandon flowers on tour. That night in Manchester was the only night I saw them sing it. But I loved it enough to record it. I fell in love. I searched everywhere and managed to buy the song. I just LOVE it.

“and when you wake up with me, I’ll be gone”



Savage Garden - Crash And Burn (Acoustic Live)

Not a song from this year but instead a decade ago. It continues to save me from darkness. One of my most played songs this year.

“When you need to crash, then crash and burn, you’re not alone”




Darren Hayes – Not Even Close


I never realised how much I missed Darren until I heard this song. It’s everything I love about him. He’s covered a Tim Finn song and made it his. He is an extraordinary talent with an exceptional voice. A voice so heaven sent. It’s a sad song. And Darren Hayes does sad songs so well.

“When everything falls apart. When you make a false start. When you're nobody's baby. Not even close to pulling through”

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. The Robyn song 'Dancing n my own kinda reminds me of me too especially when I was in high school. The first part of that line is me still. Crash and Burn is one out of a few I like to listen to as well when I am down. Darren did do an amazing job on 'Not even close'. :)

    ReplyDelete