Friday 31 January 2014

My thoughts on Enrique's I'm A Freak.

Words can't express how disappointed I am in Enrique Iglesias for his disgusting disrespect of women in his new song and video 'I'm a Freak'.

This man was my idol for years as a teen before Darren Hayes. The Enrique I 'knew' back then was beautiful, kind, respectful. He stood for something. Now all he stands for is that he sold his soul to Hollywood to sell records, disrespecting women in the process. No it's not ok to produce a video like that, or lyrics like that.

Lyrics like Enrique singing "I love the way she gets so physical, F**ks like an animal" and in which Pitbull contributes "I came, I saw, I conquered, on to the next, let's go" is so disrespectful of women I can't begin to tell you how offensive that is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude. I love the Sad eyes video that was banned on MTV in yesteryear and I think that 'on top of you' is a beautifully done song and incredibly respectful in how it was executed.

He started losing me when it got crude instead of naughty, namely "Tonight I'm F**king you'.

He looks damn good in the video though. Fit and well and sexy... and I like the sexy album cover.

Enrique you are still beautiful, still
hot, but please consider that you do the job you love because the vast majority of your fanbase, women, put you in that position by supporting you and buying your records. Please don't disrespect them now.

http://youtu.be/YUiVIPgJA0o

No comments:

Post a Comment