Thursday 9 January 2014

Review: Maroon 5 at LG Arena Birmingham - 8 Jan 14

LOVED Maroon 5 last night.

Even with Adam's moustache. I've waited almost 10 years so see them live and he comes out with a tash, which halfway through the show regrets as it's 'Creepy' and is gonna shave off after the show? the one night I'm there? FML.

The set list was great. Not keen on the opener 'One More Night' but then it was onto a great run. 'This Love', 'Lucky Strike', 'Harder to Breathe'. 'Sunday Morning' = Awwwwww. memories of being 18 and playing this song. The cover of 'I Wanna Be Your Lover' was a nice nod to Prince. I loved 'Makes Me Wonder' and 'Shiver'. I Didn't know 'Wake Up Call'..

Then one of my all time favourites 'Won't Go Home Without You'. love love love that song. I didn't know 'Love Somebody' but it pulled at my heart strings. "I really wanna love somebody / I really wanna dance the night away".

'Misery' is such a good song. As much as I don't like Daft Punk's Get Lucky it was a nice cover.

Then one of my favourite moments, 'Stereo Hearts'. I've wanted to hear them sing the whole song themselves without Gym Class Heroes since it was released on my birthday in 2011. it was a dream come true. I sang like my life depended on it. "My heart's a stereo / It beats for you, so listen close / Hear my thoughts in every note / Make me your radio / And turn me up when you feel low / This melody was meant for you / Just sing along to my stereo"


Am I the only one who is soooo over Moves Like Jagger?

Then the Encore. PAYPHONE. it had a really cool intro: the woman's voice in a Payphone when a call can't be connected. this song is one that reminds me of tough times, I'm glad that they rocked it up a bit half way through of I might have just been crying. It was a living in the moment kind of experience. I loved it so much.

Then onto the song which was the reason I went last night 'She Will Be Loved'. Adam was so funny and adorable, asking if there was any single girls and single guys (WAY more girls than guys). "it's all about ratio guys, go get 'em. Do you need some time?" LOL.

Then one of my fave songs off the new album, 'Daylight'.

"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go / But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close / Cause in the daylight we'll be on our own / But tonight I need to hold you so close"

Maroon 5 stole my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment