Monday 13 January 2014

Review: Maroon 5 - O2 Arena - 11 Jan 14

LOVED Maroon 5 at the O2 Arena. 

Ticket bought from the arena website on the day of the show (Long story lol) and it was in the tier right beside the stage. amazing view. and the seats have cup holders? how cool is that? 

Sadly my camera didn't make it to the show. I was destined never to have pictures of tash-less Adam Levine. Think the battery is ballsed as it was playing up the other day. Gutted.

Met up with Tom and grabbed some food at Gourmet Burger kitchen. Stole a quick 10% phone charge at the block's entrance at the o2 & befriended a fan also charging her phone (think she was French) and wished her a good show.

On walks Adam Levine. HE'S STILL GOT THAT FUCKING MOUSTACHE! 

The set list was the same as Birmingham. it was great. I've had a few days to live with the set list in a playlist on my iPod :)

Still not keen on the opener 'One More Night'. 'This Love' was good. 'Lucky Strike' is creeping up to be one of my faves on the new album. Then two great oldies: 'Harder to Breathe' and 'Sunday Morning'. good times. I love the London graphics used for Sunday morning.

I still like their cover of Prince's 'I Wanna Be Your Lover'. I ADORE 'Makes Me Wonder', there's something so sexy about Adam when he swears. Adam messed up the track number, (it's the 2nd song off the 2nd album). a girl on the barrier called him on it, he said she'd get a prize later which would be figured out during the show. (at the end of the show, James threw her a plectrum). so sweet. 

'Shiver' was good. I liked 'Wake Up Call' a bit more than Birmingham.

Then it was time to up the pace to a segment of the show I LOVE. 'Won't Go Home Without You'. love that song. I sang my absolute heart out to 'Love Somebody'.
"I really wanna love somebody / I really wanna dance the night away".

'Misery' was good, as was the cover of Daft Punk's Get Lucky. I would rather they did 'Just A Feeling' and 'How' off the third album. That would have made my life completely.

Adam had to stop and tie his shoe lace a second time. This time he wasn't on the side of the stage but in the middle of the catwalk. why couldn't have been facing the other way so we could have seen that nice ass?. the other side of the arena got all the fun :p

Then one of my favourite songs, 'Stereo Hearts'. Once again I sang like my life depended on it. 
"My heart's a stereo / It beats for you, so listen close / Hear my thoughts in every note / Make me your radio / And turn me up when you feel low / This melody was meant for you / Just sing along to my stereo"

And I'm telling you, the lads put on a great show for Moves Like Jagger. To see everyone's phones light up the O2 was really beautiful. I love the graphics of the fireworks and the UK and USA flags. and let me tell you something, sat in that seat I could see more than Birmingham, Adam really does have moves like jagger :O. I loved a girl's poster on barrier. it said "take me up on stage and I'll show you that I've got the moves like jagger' LOL.

Then the Encore. PAYPHONE. Made me jump again when they play the sound of the coin going into the Payphone. still love the intro: the woman's voice in a Payphone when a call can't be connected. Once again this song almost got to me but then I just sang for my life instead. There is no better feeling in the world  than that euphoria and singing for your life at a gig.

Then 'She Will Be Loved'. As the crowd was divided into two, 20,000 people sang harmonies to Adam and it was beautiful.  

Then the last song, 'Daylight'. love this song so much.
"And when the daylight comes I'll have to go / But tonight I'm gonna hold you so close"

Maroon 5 stole my heart in Birmingham, they certainly didn't give it back last night.

I left with a sore throat, a poorly voice that was trying to leave me, and a red face. That's when you know it's an AMAZING show.

A quick hello to Chris on the the way home and Tom and I sat up talking shit until 4am and listening to music. The Killers direct hits, Maroon 5 overexposed, teenage dirtbags, bastille...

Today was lovely. Burger King for breakfast, got some FABULOUS bargains and then home on that slow train I'd almost forgotten about. 10 stops and almost 3hrs later I made it home to a rainy Nottingham.

My heart is happy. Never regret the things you did, only the things you didn't. An 11th hour trip to London might have cost me the ££ but I have memories to last a lifetime. 


Thank you Tom, and thank you Maroon 5. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment