Monday 25 May 2015

Brandon Flowers Manchester Academy 24 May 15

I think Brandon flowers last night broke me. My arse still hurts from sitting on that pavement queuing & I'm dying of a cold but... Round 2 of 3 was incredible. Truly probably the best solo gig I've seen him do. He sounded incredible. And those moments when he had a grin on his face when he saw me singing my heart out made my night.

'Dreams come true' is a great opener but I wanna experience 'untangled love' as an opener. Hopefully Birmingham. 'Dreams come true' makes me giggle. "Don't go shooting all the dogs now, Just cause one's got fleas". It's got a message though. "Dreams come true
Yes they do..
If you see things a little different
I'm not casting any stones..
I'll overcome the dark"

'Can't deny my love' is a great crowd pleaser. And that grin when he saw me singing for my life, <3 .="" p="">
"Remember this?" Asked Brandon. 'Crossfire'. I love it a lot more than I ever did 5 years ago. It's so much fun live.

Then 'jilted lovers and broken hearts'. I came alive. I was transported back to almost 5 years ago in Dublin when the crowd was bouncing on that wooden floor. This song was always one of my live favourites. so happy I got to hear it again last night.
"I need a place to take refuge
See I been loving you blind
And I guess that made it hard for me to find"

'Hard enough'. I love it. Also memories of 5 years ago. "It's been hard enough on you, it's been hard enough on me"

'Jenny was a friend of mine' was funny. "I want you to listen closely to the lyrics and then decide whether or not he done it"... end of the song... "Well what do you think? Who thinks he didn't do it? *few screams*.. Who thinks he did do it? *everyone screams* "we'll he hasn't got a chance" HAHA.

'Lonely town' was so much fun. Another grin from Brandon as I sang and danced for my life. I swear you can't put a price on the happiness live music gives me.

Then 'digging up the heart'. I knew he was gonna sing this one as I took a cheeky picture of a set list before it was moved and put on the floor. Couldn't read half of it but could read 'dreams come true' was the opener and this one. I was so happy. I love this song so much. It's close to my heart. "He’s digging up the heart, To know the price he paid"

'Read my mind' will always be a fave of mine. I love this reworked version. Brandon remarked he liked reworking it and the girls brought something new to it and that he was reminded of when he wrote it. I dunno what happened but halfway through he lost his place in the lyrics. I think the song was close to his heart last night, and he was in a mindset of thinking about the content of the song and lost his concentration. I love him though. A few years ago he would have been so hard on himself, now he just shrugs and laughs.

'Magdalena'. I didn't bother recording the speech because I done it in Brixton but please someone tell me they have a video of it? I died laughing. He explained about the song and the pilgrimage. He said he should do it one year and asked what month it was 'is ur June?' LOL and decided he had 5 months before it happens this year LOL.. Then he said he felt there is musical pilgrimages too. He said coming to Manchester was a pilgrimage for him. He went to the Salford boys club because he wanted to be blessed by Morrissey, and he went to The Hacienda because he wanted to be forgiven by Bernard Sumner. Then he asked what's the furthest someone's travelled to the gig tonight, someone shouldn't Nevada in a mancunian accent and Brandon copied the accent perfectly and laughed that they didn't sound like they where from Nevada. I laughed so hard. He's so cute.

I'm sorry but 'swallow it' will always make me giggle.

'The way it's always been' I adore. It means a lot to me.
"Ain't that the way that it's always been?, Standin' at the water's edge waiting for the fog to clear"

'Only the young'. Awww the snap dance. I love it. And another grin from Brandon. "Only the young can break away, break away. Lost when the wind blows, on your own"

The Mr Brightside Jacques Lu Cont Remix was fun but it dawned on me that the 'I never' part is missing in parts of the remix he's playing on this tour. Kinda felt a bit lacking. The crowd was singing the words over the melody. I was still bouncing though, even though those around me didn't seem to wanna bounce with me. Fuck it, carried on ;) I really wanna get 'Human' in Birmingham though.

The encore. They brought out a second microphone and Brandon came out and said we might have noticed the second microphone and that he sill remembers living in a small town in Utah back when MTV was still relevant and played music videos. He was about to go on a rant I think and stopped himself LOL. He said he could remember the room and the kind of day it was when he saw new order on the TV and that years later the band would have still have an impact on him. He said he didn't wanna take up anymore more of our time before bringing him out and out came Bernard Sumner himself to do 'bizarre love triangle'. Brandon's little happy face was adorable. You could see on his face he was singing with an idol and it meant a lot to him. After Bernard left the stage Brandon said 'that was about as good as it gets'. Awww.

Then 'I can change'. I love it. Such a little dance number.
"I can bend, I can break, I can shift
I can shake, Place the trail through the drive of rain. Girl I can change for you. I can change for you"

Then the last song "still want you". Brandon sung it with such conviction last night, you could tell he was thinking about his family in that moment. It was adorable.

Then we went outside to the stage door. Jake was on the balcony and he said if we were quiet he had a treat for us. Out came Brandon singing 'The Way It's Always Been' acoustic with just one guitar. He sounded INCREDIBLE. I was floored. He's just done 17 songs inside and he still sounded amazing. A crowd of about 100 just connecting, singing along with Brandon, a mutual respect. It was so beautiful.

He came out afterwards and was doing selfies and signing stuff. I said hi but didn't get a chance to get a selfie as we were too far along and behind the fence. Damn. He's such a beautiful kind, humble human being. And a little shy. I just adore him.

Roll on Birmingham on Thursday. I WANNA DO THE ENTIRE TOUR. *stamps feet*.

No comments:

Post a Comment