Monday 25 May 2015

London and Brandon Flowers Brixton 21 May '15

What an amazing day. Wandered around London in the 20°C sunshine and got 9 more Shaun's on the trail. Up to 38/50 now. Then there was a 99 Ice cream cone down at tower bridge, it was always one of my 'must go one day' places and now I've seen it. Walked Approximately 8 miles. I feel so blessed to get to enjoy such a beautiful city. I still have hopes and dreams. And a bit of sunburn I think LOL.

Then I headed to Brixton to see Brandon flowers. Got 5th row seated on the balcony, which was the first row to allow standing and it was an amazing gig. 'Remember this one?' It was 'Crossfire' and it was so much fun. 'Magdalena' and 'hard enough' were a blast from the 2010 past. Brandon commented that 'the good thing about time off from my day job with the killers is that I get to rework songs and discover things you hadn't noticed before' and the reworked 'Jenny' I gotta admit was good although I'm not keen on that song. Took me right back to when I first bought hot fuss. Then 'lonely town'. The place exploded. I love that song so very much and it looks like the other 5,000 people there did too. 'I can change' was gorgeous. I saw Brandon look over to the corner of the stage and wondered if his wife was there. That reworked version of 'read my mind' was beautiful. Always a fave of mine. 'Swallow it' will alway make me giggle. Sorry. 'Only the young' had the snap dance. I've really missed that. Brandon looks so happy and sounds even better on this tour. The place exploded at the Jacques lu cont remix of 'Mr brightside' I could feel the balcony bouncing, Brandon was bouncing too. So much energy. Then the encore, Brandon brought out Chrissie Hynde for 2 songs. He said he regretted not making the press aware how much the pretenders influenced the killers. They done 'don't get me wrong' which was fun. Brandon was dancing perfectly with Chrissie but then it all went a bit pear shaped and he threw his hands up and Carried on. I love him so very much. 'Between me and you' is beautiful but I wasn't sure about Chrissie on it tonight if I'm honest. Then the cutest thing ever. Brandon said for the past 12 years we'd been sharing him with someone else and he brought on his wife and 2 of his kids to say hi. It was so cute. The song was 'still want you' and it was a lovely gesture. Then another of my favourites off 'The Desired Effect', 'the way it's always been'. I love that song. All in all a great night. I will always hold Brandon close to my chest, solo and with the killers. We were very blessed to get the duet and 'between me and you' but I couldn't help but walk away wishing for 'digging up the heart'. I'm praying it reappears at Manchester of Birmingham. It's probably my fave off 'the desired effect' right now. 

Cheeky Burger King on the way back to the hotel and now it's sleep time because tomorrow I get to go to HMV and meet Brandon Flowers in the flesh and have him sign 'The Desired Effect' for me. Dead but excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment