Monday 25 May 2015

London and meeting Brandon Flowers HMV Oxford street 22 May '15

What a day. I'm dead. The step counter says 13 miles walked, 12 more Shaun's found which makes it 50/50 and London complete wahoo! The last 5 'the farmer's lost sheep' were hard to find. They aren't available to locate within the app so I had to resort to the paper trail map & postcodes on google map. It was me that was bloody lost not the sheep. Had a detour around half of Paddington station at rush hour and half of St James park on a mad dash to get the last one before my train :/ was fun though.

And then there was the small matter of meeting Brandon Flowers at lunchtime. He's so kind and adorable and smiley and awwww.

"Brandon flowers flashed that smile at me as I stood shaking.
Hails: hi, Last night was great.
Brandon: awww thanks. Do you want me to make this out to anyone?
Hails: Hayley. H-AY-L-E-Y. thank you".
*still shaking* so proud of me I managed more than Hi. LOL.

I Met a lovely German fan, Jana, in McDonald's that was in front of me at the signing and had lunch with her. The Killers / Brandon fans are the kindest. Never underestimate the beauty of strangers. Thank you so much Leonie for giving me the wristband to meet Brandon.

Of course there was also a hummingbird's cake detour. There is always time for cake ;) and I don't need the map for that haha.

Today was lovely. It was so great to see the beauty of the canal boats on the water at Paddington basin, the trees, greenery and birds at St James park, and the contrast of the gherkin of the financial district.

I love this city. It makes my heart ache.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
"Travel is is the only thing we buy that makes us richer"

PS I wanna go to the gig tonight. Wahhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment