Thursday 28 May 2015

Maroon 5 Wembley Arena London 26 May '15

What a great couple of days in London for Kelly's birthday. I'd been looking at maroon 5 tickets on Twitter and was getting nowhere but we decided we would get tickets somehow. The evening before the gig I found a guy on Twitter selling two for face value to be exchanged in central London on the afternoon of the show. I was nervous but glad thankfully he was genuine and we had a great show. So glad I found that tweet when I did. I will always believe in what's meant to be.

TGI Friday's was standard for dinner, it's a tradition. It had some really great tunes going on and a great vibe. I love London.

Maroon 5 was fun. We turned up at 18:50, I got a cider and still we got end of the barrier. So chilled out and we could even get out to go to the toilet. Was a bit weird to be so chill lol. The support act 'Nick Gardner' was good. Nice voice but needs a bit of work. His cover of Madonna's like a prayer blended into Hoizer's Take Me To Church was awesome and actually emotional. Magic! however were shite. They are some jumped up band with a singer that loves himself and they think they're reggae. They ain't. Absolute crap.

Maroon 5 were awesome. Such detail to an elaborate light show and Adam's a great frontman.

I apologise in advance for the references here on in about the ex. He was a huge fan of maroon 5 and the last time I seen him before he walked out was maroon 5 at the O2. I wasn't sure how I would feel seeing the band again. But I surprised myself with how songs tied to a memory can actually feel different 18 months later. Or maybe I've just moved on from the arsehole.

The opener was 'Animals' and I don't get all this howling like a wolf Adam was doing. Just a bit unnecessary. I'm not gonna lie, I'm not really a fan of the new album 'V'. I only bought it last week but it didn't strike me as that great.

'One More Night' was fun. Never really rated it 18 months ago but it means something now.

I ADORE Adam singing 'Stereo Hearts'. He raps so well and lyrically the song means a lot of me. It always did. It always makes me sing for my life. I love it.
"My heart's a stereo, It beats for you, so listen close.. Make me your radio, And turn me up when you feel low"

'Harder to Breathe'. It's a great crowd pleaser but you know I love the ballads. It's a great song and the catwalk was a nice touch. They've got a great stage set up.

'Lucky Strike' I love. It's got the most fun chorus.
"Oh oh oh my lucky strike. Your body rocking, keep me up all night, One in a million, my lucky strike"

'Wake Up Call' I LOVE Adam's attitude when he is singing this song. Revenge and spite are so much fun.
"Six foot tall, Came without a warning so I had to shoot him dead. He won't come around here anymore, Come around here? I don't think so".

'Love Somebody' THIS song. Wow. I remember singing my heart out to this song 18 months ago when I was still in love with my ex and wishing I could love somebody. I really wanted that. As much as I still want that, I'm cynical and jaded now, and I found myself not quite as into the song as I thought I would be. Took me by surprise but I LOVE that song. It's such a great upbeat number.

'Maps'. Another one of 'V' and another one I could pass on.

'This Love' awwww. Old skool. I will always love this song. It was what brought the band to my attention.

'Sunday Morning' such a sweet song and a great sing-a-Long track. Always goes down well live.
"That may be all I need, In darkness she is all I see, Come and rest your bones with me"

'Makes Me Wonder' I love this song. "And it really makes me wonder, If I ever gave a fuck about you"

The band all came to the front of the stage, will an old skool microphone and Adam sang an acapella intro for 'Payphone'. Wow. He sounded so good with 12,500 people singing along. I love this song. It used to make me cry thinking about the ex but now it's just a damn great song that I adore.

'Daylight'. I was never really keen on this song when 'overexposed' was released but after the last tour I loved it because it meant something. It was a song I held close. And I didn't really realise that until it made me a little emotional last night.

Encore:

'This Summer's Gonna Hurt Like a Motherfucker'. I'm not keen on this song. The shock value I'm not a fan of. I love Adam's no shit attitude but I'd rather have the sweet Adam of yesteryear singing a love song. Swearing for the sake of swearing is a bit pointless. I loved Adam defending swearing though LOL.

'She Will Be Loved'. Adam asked the crowd to put their phones and cameras away for this one song. The people cheering where the ones watching it through a camera lens all night. He seemed shocked most of the crowd agreed and that was sad to me. He remarked that in America I takes him about 4 hours to get them to do it. I'm as guilty as the next person of talking pictures but photography is a passion of mine, as is creating memories to look back on. For me it's not so much about 100's of pictures of Adam but I try and capture staging, lights, emotion... I love that he cussed out the person with the selfie stick on the front row and called them selfish and that the person 30 rows back hated them. Gooooo Adam. Anyhoo.. It was strange watching him on the big screen without 1000's of camera lights on him. It sounded so good. I just looked up into the rafters of the lighting rigs and got lost in this song. It got me emotional, I was connected in a moment and it was like I was 16 in my bedroom in Ireland with my bestie listening to Songs about Jane for the first time. "Look for the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay a while, and she will be loved"

'Moves Like Jagger'. This song is just so overrated and overplayed and I never loved it. It's great that it brought the band back to the mainstream but God I'm bored of it. I long for them to play some of the 'hands all over' album tracks the casual fans don't know. Like 'how' and 'just a feeling'.

'Sugar' was a bit of a strange last song, another one of the new album that I'm not keen on.

All in all a great show and that McDonald's Arizona nacho grande burger after the show was to die for. Thank you kelly for inviting me spend your birthday with you. What an honour and I hope you had fun.

Today was lovely. We had a cavery at the posh 'strand palace hotel', went shopping at Covent Garden and Leicester Square. I literally screamed when I saw the minions in build-a-bear whoops. Bit loud :p. £35 is a bit steep for a fully kitted out one and they don't have Carl or Dave. Rude. I spent a FORTUNE on Pokemon memorabilia in forbidden planet, fell in love with shoes I can't afford, got some minion London Pj's and a Lion King tote bag from primark's finest, and stopped off for the cupcake pilgrimage to the hummingbird bakery.

Then we went to see tomorrowland at the cinema in Leicester Square. There is something more magical about cinema when it's Leicester Square. It's a shame all the adverts and trailers meant we had to leave early but it's a lovely Disney film full of hope. we had to leave just as it was getting good so I'll have to wait for the DVD now. Need to know what happens, PS no one tell me.

I'll leave you with a quote from Tomorrowland that I ADORED:
"You have two wolves, one representing darkness and despair, the other light and hope. Which one lives? The one you feed.”

Now I need my bed. Brandon flowers round 3 of 3 tomorrow in Birmingham :D

No comments:

Post a Comment