Saturday 29 January 2011

DAY 14: A picture of something you collect.

I collect Darren Hayes and Savage Garden memorabilia.

This is a photo of something I bought recently that I just ADORE:

Photobucket

I was looking for a photo I had of all my CDs in the racks but I can’t find it.

I have so much stuff because I’ve been buying stuff since 2002, although I only really started collecting in November 2003.

I mainly collect savage garden and Darren Hayes singles, albums and promos from around the world. I've got a ton of CDs. I love getting that envelope with all the weird and wonderful stamps on. I have whole racks full of singles at home including a signed affirmation (aussie one that had the red cover) signed by both Darren and Daniel at woodys in Aus (where Darren used to work), signed savage garden album, signed spin and signed delicate. (That’s just made me realise the only one I don’t have signed is tension).

because my stuff is at home in Ireland and I live in Nottingham it's hard to keep track of what I’ve got. For my CDs I try and keep a catalogue. All the magazines are in boxes and drawers of my desk.

* All the tour books (dark light signed and BNI signed to me as part of the VIP)

* the BNI VIP sets from both the UK and AUS. (I bought the aus one, didn’t actually go to aus)

* I’ve got a MILLION official t-shirts or there abouts
I cant remember all of them but I have most of them from bni and ttmt. I think I’ve got about 3 from dark light. Got both from side 2. I would LOVE the own the red too close one. I own one white SG from a USA tour in 2000.

* I think I’ve got all the canvas bags there were. One from side 2 and both from NYE.

* I’ve got a few mugs as well. bni, side two and the cartoon one that was on sale on the fc a while ago, along with the keyring and tshirt of the same pattern.

* I’ve got a few calendars, I think I have them all since 2002, not sure.

* I’ve got a ton of magazines that have had features or interviews with Darren in. my favourites being both copies of cream and minx:
"I got thrown out of a karaoke bar once. I was singing Whitney Houston’s I will always love you. I was hitting the high notes but I was taking the piss so they threw me out" - probably the best quote from Darren ever. I still laugh every time that song comes on.

*I’ve got the membership card, pen, keyring and print from when i joined the FC.

* All the savage garden fanzines (cost me a small fortune!)

* All the d-zines

* savage garden stamp thingy

* savage garden fanclub set of postcards and set of magnets.

* VHS video of superstars and cannonballs, the video collection and the story so far.

* backstage access passes for a Savage Garden tour.

* too close for comfort keyring

* badge sets (I think I have a few - bni, ttmt?)

* The water bottle Darren gave us all at the TTMT DVD screening.

* promo DVD for Me, Myself and i

*scrapbooks with all my gig tickets and train tickets and maps and stuff in.

* A a signed print for charity that Darren had very kindly donated.

I’ve got a few bits of unofficial merchandise. I bought a print from the time machine tour of ebay that I’m in love with.

my favourite thing of all is a photo I took at Leeds the day I met Darren in 2007 and on the time machine tour at Manchester that year, he wrote 'to babyhails, love D' on it.

Another thing I treasure is a print of the cover of the time machine tour DVD that Darren signed 'to hails, love D' with a little cartoon on it.

I’ve probably forgot about some of the treasure I have in Ireland. Awww I’ve loved this blog. It’s really made me appreciate all I’m lucky to have.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Love your collection. :-) So is there 3 SG videos out? I only know of 2, video hits collection and the Superstars & cannonballs concert.
    Since I am not at home as I type this, I don't have any pics of what I collect but I did find them off the internet. I actually collect a few things like Disney stuff, MJ stuff, NKOTB stuff, programs from concerts etc. and a few other things. Here is a couple of pics of 2 more things I collect, comic books and trading cards.

    One comic series I collect is called Grimm Fairy tales. They take the Grimm fairy tales and make them their own little twist. They also have different series like return to wonderland which is based off of Alice in wonderland.

    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/mydoggie01/comic.jpg

    My comic collection is not of superheros although I do have some superheros but mainly the ones I collect are pretty dark, I also collect Disney ones. I read Buffy the vampire slayer, Angel (from the tv show), Lenore, Bear etc. I have 3 long (comic)boxes full of comics.

    I also collect trading cards. I have Garbage pail kids, Disney, Buffy, MJ, Angel, NKOTB, ones from the Pixar movies that I like and fantasy art. I love fantasy art. One of my favorites is Jim Warren. He does amazing work. A lot of his art has hidden stuff in them and sometimes you may not see something first or even second time but see it again and you will find that hidden thing. Here is one of his paintings that is in one of my trading card sets:

    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/mydoggie01/cards.jpg

    I have about 10 if not more, binders full of trading cards. I am still looking for some to complete some of my sets (a set of cards is usually of 90 cards) and just sets that I really want.

    If I had the money & room I would collect life size statues from movies and movie memorabilia. I love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete