Sunday 16 January 2011

DAY 2: 10 things you love

10 Day Meme
DAY 1: 10 things about you
DAY 2: 10 things you love
DAY 3: 10 things you hate
DAY 4: 10 things you want to say to one person
DAY 5: 10 wishes
DAY 6: 10 items you can’t live without
DAY 7: 10 important people
DAY 8: 10 of your favourite songs
DAY 9: 10 ways to win your heart
DAY 10: Final 10 words.

  1. Chocolate

I eat WAYYYYY too much chocolate. I just love it. I adore pretty much every variety going, apart from cadbury’s dream. EWWWW.

  1. Ireland

My beautiful Ireland. I was raised in Northern Ireland from when I was 4 until I was 18. I miss it so much. And my parents and bestie still live there. It’s the green fields, the fact you can see the stars without the pollution, and that sense of just being HOME. It’s the tayto crisps and the finches orange juice. It’s all the things that make it different. I think I will always call it home. It’s a bigger part of me than just my accent.

  1. concerts

I adore gigs. Without gigs I would never get to go anywhere or have SO MUCH FUN. I get really stressed out and I have problems with anxiety but I REFUSE to let it stop me seeing the bands I love. Sometimes it’s a case of go alone or don’t go. And I will always choose to go. I’ve met some wonderful people at concerts over the years that are still in my life today. Thanks buddies ;)

  1. Photography.

There was a moment I KNEW I was onto something long before I had photographer friends to encourage me. It was a photo I took of Darren Hayes on the Big Night In tour in 2006. You know when you just take a photo and KNOW its THE ONE?

Photobucket

Over the years I’ve taken some shots I just ADORE. Mostly of sunset. I just adore capturing the beauty of this world. I got an amazing new camera last year and I definitely wanna know how to get more out of it.

  1. Music and Lyrics.

Music is my drug. My oxygen. My passion. Without it I would quite possibly cease to know how to exist. I can’t live without it. My biggest love is Darren Hayes. But he is a whole other story. The ex-lead singer of Savage Garden and the most amazing talent. And he is genuinely a lovely guy. I get annoyed when people say I only like the lead singers of bands because they are the good looking one at the front. Honestly, hand on my heart, it’s because they are the lyric Writer. They are the story teller. And of course its then with the angel voice. I’m all about the lyrics. I find myself quoting lyrics ALL THE TIME. There is a lyric for every moment and occasion by any band under the sun. I listen to a huge range of music, but pop will always be my ‘THING’. From Darren Hayes to The Killers, from The Feeling to Bryan Adams and U2.

  1. video games

I adore video gaming. I have since I was old enough to remember. I remember so vividly the xmas I got a gameboy (the first big brick) with tetris. A few years later my sis and I got a PS1 for xmas. Not only did my love of gaming take off, but also my love of CDs. Because finally I could play them on the PS1. we didn’t have enough money for a CD player. Currently I have a PS2, PS3, Xbox, Wii and a Nintendo DS. I still play the PS1 in Ireland as it’s the only console I have there.

  1. cinema

Movies are art. And it took me a long time to realise that they are escapism too. I adore all sorts of films. From the Art House to the commercial. I will always have a weakness for kiddies films and rom coms. I’m a big kid and a romantic at heart. I love a movie that I can laugh my ass off at or one that I can just sit and marvel at the romance. Or one that can fuck my head up. I don’t like horror films, they tend to just bore me or make me laugh in a ‘you can’t be serious’ kinda way.

  1. Graphic Design

I adore graphic design. Over the years since I started in 2005 I’ve got a lot better from the primitive paint to using Image J and Paint shop Pro. I still want photoshop damn it. I’m a perfectionist and most of the times it doesn’t work out how I like it. The ones that I start without any idea where they are going are always the best. The ones were I start of with an image in my head of what it wants to be I’m never happy with.

  1. Tony Parsons

He is one of the best authors around. And I adore his work. Because he isn’t afraid to make sure it is well researched and honest. Truth hurts kinda honest. It’s about love, and relationship and life. I cant explain it, but in order for me to read a book I have to believe in it and get lost in it, and Tony parsons makes that so easy.

  1. London

Love it. I was born in London. I lived there for the first 4 years of my life. Sometimes when I walk around Leicester square I feel like I’m home. Just for a split second. If I didn’t live in Nottingham I would definitely be living somewhere in the London area. London is a source of passion and a source of fun. I adore it. And I adore what the tube stands for. The freedom to go wherever you want. I miss London. London was a place I became accustomed to in 2007 when I started going to Darren Hayes warm up shows in Soho. It was kinda the start of freedom. And realising that I could go wherever I wanted without anxiety holding me prisoner.

2 comments:

  1. Love that Darren photo. It cam out really nice.

    1) Family and friends

    2) Listening to music - I listen to different kinds but my favs are Darren, NKOTB, MJ, Janet Jackson and Josh Vietti who is a pop violinist. Music helps me relax & to get away.

    3) Poems and short stories - I love writing when I can think of things. I do hate when I get writer's block.

    4) Movies & tv - I love Disney, comedy, horror, thrillers, sci-fi and others. Some of the tv shows I like are Blue Bloods, Ghost Hunters, Mentalist, Supernatural & Medium.

    5) Paranormal - I am so amused by it. Some things I don't believe, some I don't know if I do. I also think that some people assume what they experience is paranormal instead of going out of their way to try and debunk things first.

    6) Photography - I didn't know I liked it so much until one time I got a job doing the 1 hr photo thing. I can get lost in it. I don't have as much time any more to take photos and I still have a lot learn. I also like take mess with photos in different photo shops/programs. I like taking nature photos but want to learn everything.One day I hope to be a photographer.

    7) Video games - Sadly I just don't have time to play them. I love the Sims, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, Mario Party and the classics like Super Mario, tetris and Pac-man

    8)Running my own business - I hate working for other people but I may have to so I can help bring in some money. Owning my own business can be stress but fun.

    9) Sugar cookies - I stay away from them now but God I love them especially from this sandwich place called Subway (don't know if you have one there). When they are made right, they just melt in your mouth. Yum Great now I want one. :P

    10) Visiting California - I was born and raised there and that's were a lot of my family live. I love going into SF and to Muir Woods. I've only been to Muir Woods twice but I love it & want to go there every time I visit. I have so much more to explore in SF. I like eating at places that are not here in Colorado like Round table pizza with their ham & shrimp pizza, Togo's with their pastrami sandwiches.

    10)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3. i love cookies too. know what you mean about photography xx

    ReplyDelete