Saturday 22 January 2011

DAY 8: 10 of your favourite songs

Jeez Christ how do you expect me to make this only ten songs? I could give you 10 fave songs from the last month never mind a lifetime.

1. U2- With or Without You

Without doubt my favourite song EVER. (sorry Darren). I’ve been listening to U2 since before I was born and this song just speaks directly to me. I cant describe it. The baseline just grabs me and takes me some place else.

2. Savage Garden – Crash and Burn
This song is just GENIUS. The lyrics, the baseline, the way it just grabs my heart and speaks to my soul. Few songs can do that. This song saved me.

3. Darren Hayes – Like it or Not

My passion. My love. Darren Hayes. An INCREDIBLE song Co-written with one of my favourite ever song writers – Rick Nowels. Taken from a brilliant classic pop album. Its an amazing song. Honourable mention to ‘How to build a time machine’ that song connects to me in a way I cant explain.

4. The Killers – Smile Like You Mean It

If it wasn’t for this song I probably wouldn’t be a killers fan today. I loved it enough to find out who they were and get the album and it turns out I had been loving them in clubs and pubs for months and just not known it was them playing on the CD player.

5. Enrique Iglesias – If The World Crashes Down

This song makes me so happy. I’ve adored Enrique since 2002 and it was really hard to pick a favourite because I do think that most of Quizas and most of insomniac deserve to be my favourite Enrique song too. Especially Somebody’s me. But anyhoo… I picked this song because it was my favourite from the album where it all began. Nope I didn’t pick Hero. Shocker. LOL.

6. Snow Patrol – Chocolate
It’s probably their best song. I actually think it’s a little teeny bit better than run. And I don’t just love it because of it’s name ;).It's the spirit the song has. It's the guitars. Its from an incredible album which I cant really pick a fave off because I just love it all.

7. The Feeling – Love It When You Call
Every single time I hear this song I just makes me feel ALIVE. Its an incredible song.

8. Newton Faulkner – Ageing Superhero.
This was INCREDIBLY hard to pick a song because I LOVE everything Newton’s done. He’s an amazing and underrated talent. Honourable mentions to ‘I need something’, ‘dream catch me’ and ‘if this is it’.

9. Scouting For Girls – On The Radio

I couldn’t pick a song I loved most of the album so I chose the one that had the most plays. I figured it meant something. Seriously one of the best albums of 2010.

10. Lighthouse Family – High.

The first time I loved someone I was obsessed with the album ‘whatever gets you through the day’. I still find it INCREDIBLY hard to hear that album, or even his voice. This song goes past that, it inspires me. And his voice, it’s just incredible.

2 comments:

  1. This is a REALLY hard one for me also. I love way to many and a lot of them stir emotions for different reason (even if they are not personal) especially Darren's songs.

    1) Keep the faith - by Michael Jackson. I listen to this song when I am down & it helps me get through whatever I am having a hard time with

    2) Stay the same - by Joey MacIntyre. He is from new kids but did a few solo stuff. This one also helps me when I am feeling down

    3) Endless love - by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. This song makes me cry every time and is how I feel about my husband

    4) Violin hip hop - by Josh Vietti. There are no words. He creates beats etc then plays the violin to it. I never really used to be into violin music but this guy is awesome and this song is his best yet.

    5) Casey - by Darren. Before I even knew he wrote this from the memories of him & and his sister in her yellow car, it reminded (reminds) me of me in my mom's. She a faded yellow station wagon. I remember laying in the bed part of the car waiting to go over railroad tracks so I would fly up in the air.

    6) Affirmation - by Savage Garden I think it's so true

    7) Coming Home - by new kids on the block. I think it's one of their best songs ever.

    8) Rhythm Nation - by Janet Jackson. I think this is a very powerful song, well actual that whole album is

    9) I miss you - by Darren Hayes. It's how I feel whenever I can't be with my husband

    10) Unpretty - by TLC. Very true

    ReplyDelete