Saturday 19 February 2011

DAY 35: A picture of your favorite artist.

This is my favourite picture I took of my favourite artist: Darren Hayes.

Photobucket

It was a moment in 2006, on the 'Big Night In' tour in Nottingham when he was signing crash and burn. That is my song. It's saved me so many times. It still does. I was the song were I waved at him, and he waved back. The night were I pulled every single muscle in my side reaching out from the second row to touch the back of his hand. It was, the most magical night.

That was the first time I ever interacted with Darren. Over the years the relationship between star and fan, him and I, has been made stronger and easier by chatting to him in his chat room, messaging him on myspace, contact with him on his fanclub forum and meeting him. But back then, he was my idol. Not that he isn't now, I just see him more of a spokesperson of wisdom, a hero, a surviver, rather than an idol. But I still adore him as much as that night in 2006.

That was a very special concert. My second, and it reaffirmed everything I believed and felt since the first time I saw him in 2004. It was the first night I heard him sing Truly Madly Deeply. I dreamed about that song as a little girl. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. And it was the night I was to meet my partner in crime, Kelly. She is one of my closest friends.

Darren Hayes, and his fans that are my friends, mean to absolute world to me.
Thank you everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I love what you wrote. You are welcome ;) Thank you too.

    I knew when I first heard TMD, I knew there was something special and that I would love the things I would hear in the future. When I re-discovered Darren, I had the same feelings.

    I then sought out to know who Darren was/is as a person. I read all his myspace blogs & watched everything I could find on youtube. I know it makes me sound obsessed but I just want to know what he was about. As I found out more about him, I liked him more and more. Now I am in the FC (for a year), have exchanged a few words & finding out just how beautiful Darren is on the inside & I love it.

    I am looking forward to my first concert and hopefully my first time meeting him. I'm still nervous since I am not good with meeting/talking to people I don't know but I am willing to experience it and do my best. Hope to meet some of the friends I have made from the FC as well. :)

    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/mydoggie01/63af.jpg

    ReplyDelete