Friday 25 February 2011

DAY 40: A picture of your childhood friend.

this is me and my childhood friend Jayne. I'm on the left and she is on the right. This pic was taken the day we left primary school. sorry it's so blurry, I took this pic of the actual pic years ago before camera phones were any good.

Photobucket

She was my only friend at primary school and I valued her so much because everyone else bullied me and she was the only one who still wanted to know me. We were always round each others houses and hanging out.

We were best friends until secondary school. Suddenly I didn't fit in with her anymore. Religion changed her from my best friend to someone I barely recognised within what seems like a heartbeat. She had a new best friend. We talked a little bit through secondary school but it was never the same. I could never be her friend unconditionally when she had virtually abandoned me years before. We talked a bit more at sixth form as her new best friend left after her GSCES but by then I was hanging out with the lads rather than the bitchy girls.

1 comment:

  1. My childhood best friend was Cristy. We used to always play together. We didn't go to the same school though because she went to a Catholic school. We did live in the same apartments.

    We stopped being friends when she moved but re-united and her grandma used to babysit me. Then she moved again and lost touch. I still think about her and wish I could find her. Only problem though is I think she is a serious catholic and there for may clash now. :( But I am glad I had her as my best friend.

    http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/mydoggie01/1976.jpg

    ReplyDelete