Tuesday 1 February 2011

I let a ripple run right through my heart.

Every one in a while, when I’m in one of those melancholy moods where I want to just wander, think, long, love and appreciate, I go down to my favourite place.

Some of you might have seen pictures of it; I don’t really talk about where it is. It’s Trent Bridge in Nottingham. Well, more specifically, it’s the Wilford Suspension Bridge over the River Trent a few hundred yards away. I stand there, on the bridge, sometimes singing like my life depends on it, sometimes silent, just me and the sunset and the sea and I just FEEL. From that suspension bridge it’s the best place to watch where the sun is last to set. I’ve always felt this attraction to water. When I younger I would love Lough erne and the round ‘o’ jetty in Ireland.

Photobucket

There is one other reoccurring theme. The soundtrack is always Darren Hayes voice. It’s been I don’t know you anymore, it’s been truly madly deeply, and tonight it was the I miss you singles, ‘I miss you’, ‘in your eyes’ and ‘where you want to be’.

Photobucket

That feeling I get is hard to explain. I guess it’s more called ‘longing’ than anything else. It’s that feeling when you’ve got so much love in your heart and just want to share it. Just want someone to hold you. Someone to love you. Someone to stand beside you on the bridge and watch that sunset WITH you.

Photobucket

It’s bitter sweet. You’re thinking of him. And you think he’s amazing. But he doesn’t feel the same. Or you haven’t found him yet. And that’s the pain right there.

But it’s beautiful.

Photobucket

When I woke up this morning, there was an amazing and gorgeous pink sky:


Photobucket

When I came home earlier, there was rays of sunshine behind the clouds:


Photobucket

And then there was a pink sunset. The day ends where it began, with a pink sky:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


1 comment: