Thursday 3 March 2011

25 songs: day 22: A song someone has sung to you

This one is harder.

I could tell you about the time on Darren Hayes side 2 tour when Ade the cheeky monkey decided it was funny to embarrass the hell out of me, the place was dead quiet listening to Darren sing 'dirty':
Darren Sings: ‘And when you move its assumed you feel it too....'
Ade screams: 'don't you hayley?’


...or I could tell you about the time at Darren Hayes NYE party in 2009 when we are all dancing to human league's 'Don't You Want Me'. Ade is doing the cheeky monkey routine again: I got 'SerenADEd' (his words) with him singing ‘Don’t you want me HAYLEY’. I almost died. LOL!



...or I could tell you about the time my flatmates and I were out in the student bar 'templars' in town. I loved that place. Two pitchers of cocktails for £7. We used to have one each LOL. There was one night we were having a great time and oasis' 'don't look back in anger' came on. There was me and my flatmate, at the top of our voices, singing AT each other. my other flatmate come over and said 'shut up they can hear you at the bar'. we continued to sing:

"SOOOOO SALLY CAN WAIT, SHE KNOWS IT'S TOO LATE AS WE'RE WALKING ON BY. HER SOUL SLIDES AWAY, BUT DON'T LOOK BACK IN ANGER I HEARD YOU SAY"

great times. I laughed SO hard.



xx

1 comment:

  1. My husband sings to me all the time. There are a few songs that make him think of me like: 'Truly madly deeply', 'I knew I loved you' and this song by Josh Turner 'your man'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmMWtUv3_OY

    ReplyDelete