Friday 18 March 2011

30 songs for 30 days: Day 6: A song that reminds of you of somewhere

Bat for lashes - Daniel

it reminds me of the tube in london.

It was the day after Michael Jackson Died.

Daniel was my new fave song of the moment. I tend to buy a song on itunes, play it to death and then forget about it's existence for six months when it gets replaced by the next best thing. Call me fickle.

I was on my way to see The Killers play hyde park. I was playing Daniel non stop SO LOUD. Just trying to drown out the silence. Everywhere you went that day, the silence was deafening. I stood there on the tube, reading the free london paper about MJ's death and I just felt numb. I was listening to daniel, just trying to feel something.

I wasn't even an MJ fan. I never was. MJ's death moved me to tears and made me feel numb because he was the king of pop. An icon. And I knew people I adored where hurting because they were his fans.

As soon as I found out he has died I hit play on 'You're Not Alone' and cried like a baby. It just seemed to fit his death so well, and i'd always loved that song.

anyhoo...



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment