Sunday 13 March 2011

Ben Montague (amazing singer i've found)

I went to see the lighthouse family play at Nottingham concert hall on Friday night. (still seems unreal Darren Hayes has played on that stage TWICE).

While I struggled to find a connection to the Lighthouse Family despite the fact I have loved them for a long long time, I didn't struggle with the support act, Ben Montague.

From the first few notes I knew he was onto something. It's so rare to be so bowled over instantly.

You know that feeling, when a song just flows right through you, to your core, and you just want to burst with the love you have for it?

Well that was what Ben done to me.

He's got this song called Haunted. And I fell in love with it even more than the other songs.

"And I'm haunted
Still a part of me that's haunted
By the only one I've ever wanted
Everyone has their ghost"

His voice is incredible.

Photobucket

The first thing I did when Ben left the stage was to go and buy his CD ‘Overcome’. He had persuaded his management to make the CD available on the tour. Its not out until the summer. I'm so glad I went and bought it.

I queued up in the huge line of people who had bought one and wanted Ben to sign it. He was lovely. A really nice guy, as were his band.

Photobucket

After the lighthouse family I queued up in the line again and asked for a photo.

Photobucket

This is the video for the song haunted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50JJ9bNbEFk

If you go to his myspace page or website you can register your email and postcode and it emails you a link to download the title track from the album 'overcome' for free. AMAZING song.

www.BenMontague.co.uk
www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-Montague/50069228788
www.myspace.com/benmontaguemusic
www.twitter.com/ben_montague

I've just joined his pledge music page. You can buy the new acoustic CD 'together' and the joining fee is waived. I think it's a great thing that fans can fund the record before it's recorded so that it even exists at all :)

42 days until release :) I’m excited.

Ben is wonderful. Please check him out.

xx

1 comment:

  1. You are right, the song 'haunted' is awesome. I will have to check more of his stuff out. :)

    ReplyDelete