Monday 7 March 2011

30 Songs for 30 days: Day 1: your fave song right now

Jessie J - Price Tag.

I was anti Jessie J at first. I thought she was all just hype and wanting to be yet another singer who fancied herself as a hip hop artist or equivalent.

I bought her album, as I got it for £7.20, after I saw a video of her singing 'who we are' in the New York subway. I listened intently. I discovered she was an inspiration.

I was bowled over by half the album. The other half not so much.

I'm obsessed with Price Tag. Another lyrically inspiring song.

And your heels so high
That you can’t even have a good time.

I never wear heels. I wanna go out and dance and get off my face and not have to worry that after 5 minutes I will be wandering around bare foot wondering where my shoes are. I don't do suffering for fashion. And I don't apologise for it.

and I LOVE this lyric:

We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the Price Tag


That lyric is so ME. Music is my drive. You can't put a price on a priceless gig. And I adore that music can just make you forget everything and just dance. Actually talking of just dance, it was that feeling of just wanting to dance and forget all the shit that drew me to lady gaga's just dance way back when.

I digress.

Jessie J - Price tag:






No comments:

Post a Comment